Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lining Molds is Part 1 of The Journey of Soap - From Birth to Bath

Making soap is a wonderful experience!  I have been enjoying every minute of my crazy journey.

So many people love artisan soap and the fact that it is made from scratch.  The nerd in me loves the chemistry aspect of it all.

I wanted to take you through the process of how a soap goes from oils and lye and water to the bar of soap that is used in the shower.  While there may be many steps and things to keep in mind, it is a very rewarding experience.

I hope you enjoy the first video of this series…  Lining Molds.

Lining molds is often a pain the you-know-what.
I have found this method to be very easy and very fast.  No rulers!  I do prefer wood molds to silicone, but that is purely personal preference :)  I find that with silicone molds, I have to leave my soap in longer and I am not a patient person by nature…

I got my molds from Ernie at Cedar Mountain Crafts on Etsy.  They are very reasonably priced and they get delivered so fast!!

Look for new videos coming soon in this series.

No comments: